All speech and language therapy and evaluations services take place at your Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens 0r Long Island (Nassau & Suffolk), and New Jersey home or nursing facility etc. Yes, we travel to you!
Brooklyn Letters is now offering an array of evaluation and treatment services, to adolescents and adults, in New York City and Long Island (Nassau & Suffolk), who have a variety of speech, language, cognitive, neurological, and voice challenges. Some of these underlying difficulties may be developmental in nature or may have been caused by a stroke, traumatic brain injury, disease, or other neurological conditions. We also work with those interested in modifying their foreign accent.
We are licensed speech language therapists, who travel to your home and/or nursing home etc. At Brooklyn Letters, we customize each therapy session to your specific needs and our ultimate goal is to help you maximize your best communication throughout your day.
WE PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING SERVICES
- Language Therapy communicating wants and needs, facilitating vocabulary, teaching grammar, telling stories, using social language, facilitating listening skills, and improving reading and writing skills.
- Cognitive Therapy improving attention, concentration, short and long term memory, organization, reasoning, problem solving, mental flexibility, and reading, writing skills, etc.
- Articulation Therapy improving enunciation/pronunciation.
- Accent Modification Therapy decreasing foreign accent.
- Fluency Therapy- helping those who stutter, clutter, etc.
- Voice Therapy improving breath supply, volume, pitch, or decreasing nasality.
- Swallowing Therapy help clients better manage to chew and swallow liquids through solids
We specialize in helping those with foreign accents, stuttering, cluttering, slurred or slowed speech (dysarthria), TMJ issues, those who struggle to execute skilled movements for speech (apraxia), unintelligible speech, aphasia, stroke, Parkinson’s disease (we offer Lee Silverman Voice Treatment), multiple sclerosis, traumatic brain injury, issues with vocal cords, dementia, Alzheimer’s,and other neurological disorders.
OUT-OF-NETWORK INSURANCE REIMBURSEMENT
Before contacting us, please call your insurance company to find out if you are eligible for out-of-network (you pay us and the insurance company reimburses you) speech language therapy and/or evaluation reimbursement. We do not accept insurance payments. For out-of-network reimbursement, see if your insurance company accepts CPT code 92507, and if they require an ICD-10 code (as of 10/1/15 ICD-9 codes can no longer be used, please refer to this link for ICD-9 to ICD-10 conversion)(furnished from an evaluation, e.g. speech language pathologist, psychologist, audiologist, ENT, neurologist etc). We provide evaluations (CPT code 92506). Speech language therapy is a medical necessity, when there is a significant speech language delay and/or issue. If your insurance company requests a predetermination note, ask your physician.
We are out-of-network providers (you pay us directly). We provide you with a monthly receipt of paid speech and language therapy services; you submit this to your insurance company for reimbursement. Payment (cash or check) is expected on a weekly basis.